Saturday 20 July 2013

Saying “That’s Nice” Is Never Enough for her!

| |

I was talking with a young man at church today. He’s been married a couple years and is still learning how to understand his wife, and more importantly, how to communicate with her. I think he actually thought I’d figured things out by now. Silly boy
His dilemma?
He had an example:
His wife got a new haircut. She wasn’t sure she liked it. She wanted his response. He said, “I like it.” She said, “Do you really?” He said, “Yes, I really do!”

She said, “No you don’t, you’re just saying that.” He replied, “No, I really, really like it. Seriously.”
She asked, “Would you tell me if you didn’t?” He said, “Of course I would.” She said, “No you wouldn’t…you hate it don’t you?”
“No”, he continued, “I really think it’s great. You’ve never looked any better. I think it makes you so much more attractive.”
“So you didn’t like my hair before?”
“I didn’t say that. I just meant I really like it.”
“But you said I’m more attractive now. It makes me think you didn’t like my hair then.”
“I loved your hair then and I love your hair now. You could wear your hair anyway…in fact you could shave your head…and I’d love it.”
“See, you don’t really care.”
Okay, so I don’t know the word for word conversation. I embellished a little…almost like I’ve had a similar conversation. :) Not that I ever have of course…but, almost like I had…almost :)
Men, have you ever been in that conversation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
THE GLORY OF THE YOUTH CHRISTIAN CLUB INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES. Powered by Blogger.